Friday, July 8, 2011

Temptations in Life!

Hey, what annoying emails I received in the past few weeks!
The title such as "Congratulations, we approved your overdraft of US 4.5 million".
2 days ago, an email from "FBI", stating I am now a millionaire, someone whom I never knew exist just went dead and the person left me with a few millions bucks!
About a few weeks ago, a lottery company from UK sent me an email, stating "You are the lucky Winner! Come and pick up your winning reward". And the content said, again, I am the soon-to-be millionaire.

Wow, in a short span of time, I suddenly become the candidate of a-millionaire-club.
How interesting!
How annoying!
Do they really think there are idiots to fall for such scam? Hmm.. I am doubting myself now.
So, I decided to Google.  Just don't ask me where I find the time to do it. Amidst my demanding job, managing household, my family, be a mother, cleaner, a cook, and a wife, I do have time for blogging and googling! I simply unwind and gain my sanity doing such things. What can I say, I am crazy!
Gosh! You won't believe what I found from the Google Search returns.

So, if the ONLINE scam is a known criminal-intend, why on earth these scammers still doing what they are doing? My only conclusion, there are people out there still fall for these scams.
When there is demand, there is supply, yes?

This is an easy philosophy of life.  Temptations are everywhere. Sometimes the sign appears so glaringly that you simply don't need to have second guess to understand the message. But most of them come in disguise.  You won't know what hits you until it was a little too late.

Temptation comes in various faces, most commonly known are greed, lust and self glory.

Greed are always the lowest and the weakest link in human chain.  I can understand that. Just simply imagining myself having abundance of cash, no more worries, clear path of survival for the rest of my life, and travel around the world, first class, pent-suite.  That's everyone's dream! And those dreams put a big smile on face when I  sleep, so my husband said!
But I always believe that success doesn't roll itself onto your lap. If it comes easy, always you will lose it easily as well.  Well earned wealth come through hard work and honest way.  These are the basic acceptable way of living, at least in our normal world.  In this instance, it leads to stable life and you can almost see and feel the happy ending at the end of the tunnel.

Not everyone is lucky to be born in a silver spoon.  Ordinary people like you and me, we have to work towards the success.  So, when you see those dollars sign emails in your inbox, delete it. You don't want to be in the statistics of being the idiots!

How about lust? Hey, always the phrase "I am only human" being used when one is being cornered after succumbed to the temptation. Come-on, that's lame my friend.
Ask yourself what you value most in your life.  Take care of that treasures.  You protect your precious belonging in the house with well design security systems, top dollars fence and security gates.  And yet you do not put the same security effort so that your other half's heart and feelings are well secured! Not to forget the young ones whose eyes and hope are on you as their pillar?  How can someone can carelessly admitted "it started innocently, I didn't plan for it to be this way".

How many of you out there plan to be a diabetic patient? Drug addicts? Alcoholics?

Ask any sweet tooth person, if you are a chocolate lovers, how hard it is to resist temptation?  Put those finger linking good cakes, tell me, can you resist it? Diabetic patients, whose fault due to their love of sugar, can really tell me they can resist ALL THE TIME?  Perhaps the first few attempts may not have the impact. But if the chocs and the cakes been shoved to you EVERYDAY, for 3 months continuously, can you really tell me honestly that you CAN resist it?
The just-stop-smoking smokers.  Ask them, can they resist the temptation to pick the stick and suck the nicotine again?  Even after 10 years, you can hear them telling you it is VERY hard.

So, normally people who seriously want to avoid from falling into the temptation, their first step of protecting themselves is through AVOIDANCE.

Now, the same principles applied to lust.

You walk everyday in the office, looking at those eyes whose invitation is so clear.  You know that it is a forbidden path, but back of your mind you felt the trill of being pursued.  It started with a small chat at coffee area, followed by group lunch, later change to one-on-one lunch, and the pattern appears, you feel the adrenaline pumped through, and to hell with your other half and the young ones. And later you have the tendency to say sorry, you didn't mean it? Huh?

I received every now and then some messages in my inbox,  from some blokes whom I don't know.  Those flowery message - "I can't have my sleep since I see your photo", " Your profile simply stuck in my mind..bla..bla..".  I asked myself, how many women out there fall for these kind of "hunter". I do believe the reverse is true. I am 100% sure that there are women who prey upon men, the same as I experienced.

I can imagine the havoc it creates in a marriage if the first step was taken.  The moment the "Accept Friendship" button is clicked, the first security door is unlocked. Once the main door is undone, to open the other locked doors normally not so hard.  The moment the first crack appears, it is a matter of time that crack gets bigger and the pillars will eventually collapse.  That is science. And it is logic. Make sense. So, click that delete button.  Don't be tempted.

What about self-glory? Always this is associated to greed. I have to agree.  Always one falls into the temptation of lies and deceits to preserve or gain what is referred to as self glory.  Take where credits don't belongs to. Claim accomplishment when one doesn't deserve it.  Create web of lies to cover the rotten flesh underneath.  Deny statement made and witnessed by several others.  All sound familiar.

My answer to any questions to temptations - AVOID.

As human, never try to measure our strength in resisting the heavy burden of temptation. Don't ever go near it.  You don't know if you can handle the weight. Maybe you could, but always in the process, you destroy a few around you that matters.  To me that is a risk you should never take. Mitigation is via avoidance.

Would you agree?

No comments:

Post a Comment